PRODUCTION RIGGING INTERNSHIP 2019
The Production Rigging Intern works with the Production Manager and Production Rigging Supervisor(s) helping with any job Reed Rigging receives. From the smallest to the largest job, the Production Rigging Intern pays attention the details, reviews equipment lists, and assists others whether inside or outside the company to the satisfactory conclusion of the job. The Production Rigging Intern will perform assorted drafting functions related to certain jobs. Strong organizational and computer skills are required. Once a job has been packed in the shop and shipped, the Production Rigging Intern may assist the Rigging Supervisor(s) onsite. Completing a production job requires a special blend of rigging and safety knowledge and motivational skills since the work is usually performed by others. A cooperative, friendly attitude with both clients and any onsite workforce is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist production team through the process of project planning and proposals
- Facilitate project drawings, load calculations, equipment lists, etc.
- Use and practice of software including AutoCAD and Vectorworks
- Assist with execution of project onsite
- Communicate with shop to ensure proper equipment order fulfillment
- Crossover training and placement in other departments (Service, Rentals, and Sales)
- May require short-term travel
- Interest and/or experience in theatre, production, lighting, rigging
- Undergraduate coursework in technical theater, film, or event management
- Skills in Windows; MS Office; AutoCAD; Vectorworks
- Strong communications skills and ability to work with others in a team setting
- Mechanical aptitude, familiarity with electronics and electrical systems, carpentry, fabrication
- Good physical health/fitness – position entails “hands-on” work
- Reed Rigging, Inc. is located just South of I-55 and West of Pulaski Rd., so a car is beneficial.
- The CTA Orange Line is several blocks away at Pulaski and approximately 51st Street
- We pay an hourly rate with overtime, and reimbursement for certain travel expenses
- Course credit would need to be approved by the school
- Expected term of internship is (approximately) May through August